Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Love the One You're With!

Yes, Todd is the only one I love, and the only one I'm with!!  That's not what I am talking about.  I'm talking about the fact that I love each place we've been!  Each place I'm like, this is my favorite place.  Yes, yes this is my favorite city, my favorite apartment, my favorite restaurant.  I've said it for each city we have been in!  Of course, Italy is my favorite (happens to be where I am right now!).  What's not to love about Italy.  Surely, there is some part of my heritage that's Italian!

I love Florence, Italy!  It's a beautiful city that has art and architecture on every corner, literally.  To give you an example of a bad day in Florence, it was a rainy day, so we spent the morning in the apartment doing work and school work.  Finally at lunch we decided to get our umbrellas and head out.  The rain stopped during lunch, so we took a walk after lunch.  We ended up at Santa Croce church.  We went in the church, and it happens to be where Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, and Dante are all buried.  Crazy huh?  It was beautiful!

We ended a fantastic week in Florence with the kids taking an art class from a guy who actually used to work for Disney.  Of course the children didn't really want to do it, but I made them!  And they loved it!  It was a 3 hour class.  They walked and drew around the city. Kind of neat taking an art class in Florence, Italy!  They said the 3 hrs. flew by, and they weren't ready for it to be over.  This school work is killing me!

So, it's time to say good-bye Florence!  Good-bye David's buns of steel!  Good-bye Tuscany!  Good-bye to some of the best food I've ever had in my life!  I'm sure I'll have another list of good-byes after next week!

Off to Rome now!  Looking forward to an action packed week in the eternal city!  October is big birthday month for our family and friends!  Happy "big" birthday Dianne Wade!  Happy birthday Nanny, Patty, Brad (big one!), Bobo, and Fran!  And there are even more to come!

Miss all of you!  I'm having trouble putting pictures on the blog for some reason.  So, when I have a second, I'll try to figure it out! 

Hugs and kisses to all of you!

Callie and Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment