Monday, September 26, 2011

Bon Jour!

We are in Paris!  We touched down on a beautiful morning.  The sun was just coming up on the horizon, and as we were coming in the Eiffel tower was bigger than ever.  You knew you were in Paris.  I so wish I could have seen my children's faces when they saw that sight.  No, we were not all sitting together.  As Todd and I said it felt like we were on a puddle jumper going to Europe, but what do you expect when you leave from Cincinatti?  You'll do anything to save money on 5 tickets to Europe. The good news is that the children thought it was the biggest plane they have ever seen!  The trip and arrival was uneventful. The kids were happy that the taxi driver was playing "American" music!  We are in a great apartment.  There is a Prada shop and Fergagamo shop right across the street.  No, it is not a grand apartment in a grand area, but that just lets you know how fashion and shopping are a part of the Parisian life.  Which leads me to a new "bucket list" item for me.  I want to come to Paris on a girls shopping trip!  I want to stop and look in every window and the rest of my group has no desire!  I asked Todd if it would hurt his feelings and he said no, sounds like fun!  Girls, get ready!  We went to the Louvre today.  I love that place. The "Winged Victory" statue gets me every time.  I'm feeling like Winged Victory right now!  We've made it, and everyone is settling in well.  We went to an unbelievable grocery store today.  No, it wasn't a grocery store.  It was a grocery mall, and I'm not kidding!  I was in heaven!  Tomorrow we are seeing Notre Dam.  I can't wait!  Hoping to see the Hunch Back!  I have to tell you about our first dinning experience.  We had landed, got to the apartment, and had a rest before we went for lunch (remember we were landing at sunrise!).  We were all looking good let me tell you!  And, on top of the major jet lag, I had an eyebrow and lip waxing that didn't go very well, so I looked like the joker from Batman (that's my new nickname!).  So, we are sitting having a wonderful lunch and this beautiful Parisian woman sits next to us.  Of course, I sink in my seat and look at her in awe and think to myself, REALLY?  The next day I see her face on a huge Fendi billboard and say Thank goodness!  She was Fendi's model!
I was having a conversation with my Aunt and telling her how smooth this entire adventure is going.  She promptly reminded me that there were so many people praying for that!  Thank you for all your prayers!  God and I have planned this adventure.  Todd and I have asked God to guide us in all aspects of this.  Even the small details of where we stay, who we meet, and what we see!  God is good.
So, I'll end with "joie de vivre" which means celebrating life.  Todd and I are sitting in our apartment with a glass of wine listening to Andre Bocelli!!
Love to all of you!

Callie and Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment