Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Beginning is really the beginning!

Boston!  That's where we are starting this journey.  It's the beginning of our journey, and that's what Boston represents.  Everything started in Boston.  Boston is where our country began.  It has been an incredible week, and I can promise you that I have learned just as much as the children.  We have walked every inch of the freedom trail, eaten at this country's first resturant, went to the aquarium, and have packed in as much fun as we could.  We had several tours, and one of our tour guides reminded us so much of our poppa (Todd's father).  He was great!  Is this really the first week?  Some of you probably know that I lived in Boston as a child for a few years, so it's been neat seeing things that I saw as a child.  The 500 lb. sea turtle that's at the aquarium was even there when I was there!  So many times this week I was able to say to myself that all the hard work and effort to make this happen was worth it...........and it's just the beginning!  Beginnings!
Next up is New York.  Today is 9/11, so it does feel a little strange to be going.  I'm sure all will be well!  I must end with a note about our reason why we are doing this.  I had a friend that sent me an e-mail after reading the blog.  she said she had to admit that she thought we were crazy when she first heard about our plans.  Now, her mother has been diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer, and she said she gets it now.  Interesting what makes us see life differently. 
Love to all of you!

Callie and Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment