Friday, January 27, 2012

"On The Road Again"

On the road again, I can't wait to be on the road again......like a band of gypsies we go down the highway.......Willie Nelson could not have said it better for me....on so many levels!!!  I'm so excited to be on the road again, and I definitely feel like a band of gypsies!  And, to keep the Willie Nelson theme going, which is by the way one of my all time favorites, I have felt like the Red Headed Stranger (one of Willie Nelson's greatest albums) since I've been home.  It's like I've had one foot in the door and one foot out the door.  Knowing we were going to be leaving again made being home interesting.  Of course, I still feel like I haven't said enough about last semester.  Even the children realized that things were different.  When we got home from Europe and called Todd (who was still in Europe), we were trying to describe how it felt being home.  Chancellor told Todd that everything looked and seemed different.  He said obviously it's not different BUT I SEE EVERYTHING DIFFERENTLY.  Amen, can I have a witness?!  Should I just stop right now.  My job is done!  NO, I think I'll keep on going!  We're off to Hawaii tomorrow.  We are going to Kauai, Oahu, Kona, and then Maui.  We've got snorkeling trips, helicopter trips, zip lines, hikes, surfing, and hopefully laying on the beach planned!  Then we are back to the main land to Scottsdale to spend some time with my Aunt (the one that got all this started in the first place!) and then who knows where.  Remember the gypsy part of the song......I wasn't kidding!  Lots of options!  We've got our car, clothes and passport ready!  We've been in California (Los Angeles) the past couple of days, and it has been fantastic.  80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky!  Right now I feel like I can take on the world......I've survived LA traffic!  Todd was busy working and the children and I found ourselves in the car exploring Universal Studios, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Malibu and Santa Monica!  It has been a blast!  It was a busy Christmas with all of us working hard to get ready for this semester.  The children were confused why they were having to do school work during Chrismtas.  Rainey even asked if they were going to have to work on Christmas Eve, and of course my answer is always...maybe!  Todd worked like a dog all through Christmas.  I told him how is it possible that we had just spent the holidays together and never had time for a good conversation.  He's about to get some good conversations!  We are all very excited about the second half of our journey.  The only difficult thing was leaving Sam, our 4th child!  It was way worse this time, but I know he's snuggled up right at this moment next to Leah and Matt living the good life in Oxford.  Thank you Leah and Matt!  It puts a smile on our face knowing he's with you!  Love to all of you..... All I can say is.... this is going to be some kind of ride....hang on and hang ten!!!

Callie and Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment